What are the instructions for use?
What is oxygen?
Oxygen is a colourless, odourless, tasteless gas that is essential for the body to survive. The heart relies on oxygen to beat and pump blood. If there’s not enough oxygen circulating in the blood, it becomes increasingly difficult for the heart muscle to pump.
There are many benefits from taking supplemental oxygen, here are just a few:
- Oxygen helps increase alertness and focuses concentration levels.
- Stimulates brain activity and improves your memory function.
- When exercising, oxygen improves endurance and recovery time it also stimulates muscle growth.
- Oxygen helps reduce stress and anxiety, the effects of jetlag, it can also help with hangover recovery.
Is oxygen flammable?
Oxygen is non-flammable, however, flammable substances will ignite much more easily in the presence of concentrated oxygen and careful precautions must be taken.
- Do NOT smoke where oxygen is being used. Any combustible material, such as alcohol, perfumes, or propane, must be kept away from oxygen containers.
- Do NOT use oxygen around open flames, matches, cigarette lighters, candles or cigarettes.
- Do NOT use oxygen around other sources of heat, such as gas or electric heaters or cookers.
If you are using supplemental oxygen, avoid using lotions or creams containing petroleum — the combustion of flammable products containing petroleum can also be supported by the presence of oxygen. Turn oxygen supply valves off when not in use and store the containers away from children.
How do I dispose of the can after use?
As our containers are not pressurised with volatile organic compounds like most aerosols, only oxygen, when empty, you can dispose of the canisters as you would any other form of cans in your household recycling.
Will taking oxygen help to improve my medical condition:Asthma / Chronic bronchitis / COPD / Cluster Headaches / Pneumonia / Pulmonary oedema / Congestive heart failure / Pulmonary fibrosis / Emphysema etc.
Breathing oxygen-enriched air may help your condition, however, before taking any medical treatment, we would recommend you consult your specialist medical practitioner.
What is the largest size canister you supply?
Our cans of oxygen come in: 2 Litre, 9 Litre, 15 Litre and 110 Litre.
Are any of the bottles/canisters refillable?
No, these are disposable canisters which can be recycled with your normal household recycling.
My canister has arrived should it feel light and empty?
Our aerosol cans are made of lightweight aluminium or tin-plated steel and filled with 99.5% compressed oxygen and as oxygen is a gas, the container will feel very light.
Can I take this to the mountains for walking holidays?
This product is ideal for environments low in oxygen such as mountains at altitude. However, if you need to take it outside of the UK on a plane you will need to check with your airline whether they will allow it as the Civil Aviation Authority do not allow the carriage of our canisters.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Here are some common questions about ClearO2