Improving your brain health is about more than eating the right foods, getting regular exercise and drinking plenty of water.
It’s also about feeding your brain in other ways too. Stimulating it with new things, testing your memory, encouraging it to learn and creating strong foundations for later life.
Making time to talk with friends, read a book and watch a film are all great ways to keep those synapses firing. But did you know that listening to podcasts is also a good way to take on new information and assimilate it quickly? In some instances, listening, rather than reading can be of greater benefit for the brain, as it focusses on audio material and the inflections and intonation of the reader. Interesting, right?
Not only that, but you can enjoy a podcast or audiobook on the go – when you’re out for a walk, or in the car. And your brain will thank you for it.
Below are five hand-picked podcasts we think are brilliant for better brain health.
- The Tim Ferris Show – Hosted (unsurprisingly) by Tim Ferriss, this is the place to come for in-depth interviews with the likes of Hugh Jackman, Neil Gaiman, Dr. Jane Goodall, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Tony Robbins, Maria Sharapova and Jamie Foxx, to name but a few.
- The Magnetic Memory Method Podcast – Anthony Metivier guides listeners in tried and tested skills, techniques and practices to help improve memory and give your brain a workout.
- The Michelle Obama Podcast – Pure brilliance from the former First Lady while she chats with family, friends, politicians and celebrities as she looks at the relationships in our lives that make us who we are.
- TED Radio Hour – Some of the world’s best thinkers exploring some of the world’s biggest questions. Feel your brain expanding as you listen!
- The Mindful Podcast – Short five to 10 minute practices to help listeners explore mindfulness and dig deeper into a more conscious way of living. Perfect for restoring calm to your day and giving your brain a break.
Other ways to help improve your brain health and mental acuity include regular use of supplemental oxygen. ClearO2 is designed with this in mind and helps enhance brain power by sending oxygen directly to your cells to reinvigorate both body and mind.