Everyone knows that oxygen is essential and that we need it to function, but aside from this, we don’t tend to think about it all that much (well, we do here at ClearO2, of course). Here we explore the ways in which you can keep your skin looking young.
The impact and benefits that oxygen has to our skin is becoming increasingly known, these include oxygen use leading to more youthful looking skin, a smoother appearance and a reduction in fine lines and crow’s feet. Did you know that supplemental oxygen could be the answer to keeping your skin looking young?
Supplemental oxygen use is a totally risk-free, natural, easy and safe route to younger looking skin. Our skin needs a good supply of oxygen to stay healthy and regenerate. When we are young the network of capillaries we have supplies blood, oxygen and nutrients to the skin effectively, keeping it hydrated and youthful. As we age these capillaries degenerate, reducing the supply our skin gets. Breathing in supplemental oxygen-enriched air as a part of your daily routine can help to combat the effects of this.
There are numerous other things that you can do to help maintain youthful skin. Some of these are:
- Protect your skin from sun exposure every day with a minimum SPF30 – the sun is still there, whether it is shining clearly or not. If you need to have a tan – fake it from a bottle!
- If you smoke, stop. This greatly speeds up how quickly skin ages, causing wrinkles and dullness.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet – plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Exercise – studies have shown that moderate exercise can boost circulation and the immune system, giving skin a more youthful appearance.
- Wear sunglasses – okay, sunglasses themselves these aren’t going to make a difference, however, they will stop you from repeatedly squinting, which over a period of years can help crow’s feet deepen.
- Chill out – take time to relax, remove yourself from stressful situations wherever possible, and if you do have a stressful time that is beyond your control – invest time in self-care during and after it.
- Cleanse skin gently without using harsh products. Anything that stings, avoid.
- Drink less alcohol – the dehydration from alcohol causes damage to skin, prematurely aging it.
Providing your skin with a good supply of oxygen is an effective method of looking after your skin, whilst also reducing stress, fighting the effects of pollution and boosting general feelings of wellbeing. It’s never too late to benefit from supplemental oxygen – even if you already have signs of aging skin, give your skin the boost it needs to repair and rejuvenate, starting today.